Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ephesians 6:5-6 (The Message)

"Servants, respectfully obey your earthly masters but always with an eye to obeying the REAL master, Christ. Don't just do what you have to do to get by, but with heartily, as Christ's servants doing what God wants you to do."

I LOVE this version! Don't just do what you have to do to get by. Ouch! How often do I do that! And I grumble about my kids doing it! But when it comes down to it, I often rationalize away my lack of completion or dedication to a project....why bother, someone will just mess it up anyway....no one will even notice so I can skip it....I'll get to it later, after the kids have gone to bed....I wanted to spend time in Bible study, etc. Yeah. That is great, as long as I am not using it as an excuse to skip other stuff!

Now I admit, I don't have a job outside of the house. But I do have the job of being the BEST wife and mother I can be. I don't think I always remember that. That doesn't mean I think I am a HORRIBLE one...just not the best I could be. I know that I need to change my attitude about this whole job thing....not just enough to get by or be better than the ones you hear about in the news, but I need to be everything God wants me to be for my family.

Dad you know, you totally get it it! You KNOW how many times a day I don't feel like doing something. I don't see the point or I just get discouraged and let that cloud my judgement on what to do. You probably look at me with those EXACT same feelings of why bother and discouragement...yet you love me enough to not give up. You keep reaching out! You do drastic stuff like send your son for ME! Not because I deserve it, but because you love me. WOW! Thank you for loving me that way! I need to focus on love as a motivation!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment