Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Menu Plans I can actually do!

Okay, I really struggle with menu planning and lack of variety to my meals. I know a lot of other people do also! This is only enhanced by the fact that I often forget to plan ahead and then am trying to throw things together at the last minute with whatever I can find. I have seen tons of different meal plans online and I have run into one major problem, people eat different things than me! Go figure! I am also not extremely focused on whole food or healthy foods. I am focused on food I know my family will eat and that I will fix. I am working on tweaking my recipes so that they are healthier but I still feel homecooked is better than running out to fast food all the time! I am not on a whole food fanatic kick! I am not on a no fat kick! Yes, I am trying to lose weight and I keep my portions significantly reduced because of that!


Also, you will notice on mine that I do not have breakfast and lunches planned. Yep, that is right! I am only planning ahead for supper! Gasp! Shock! That is because more than that is more than I can handle! It would overwhelm me! It would make me crazy!

Another thing you will not see on my menu plan is yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese, etc. Any and all cheese will be cheddar cheese. I am allergic to the others! Okay, I take that back, occasionally I will use mozzarella for things like pizza!

I am also not really really detailed. You will see things like "some sort of stirfry with pork" I don't know what sauce I will put on it. I just know that I am generally planning that type of meal that day.

Wednesdays are often blank because I will be doing those with my Super Random kids and I don't know what they are planning!

Hmmm....now I am at that point where I have created a menu and I have printed it out but I can't seem to get it to load so I am going to have to take a picture of it with my phone and go from there....or just write it all out....hmmm....is there a way to put Publisher documents into my blog? Guess I know what I need to research next!

June 12: Macaroni and Cheese, Hamburgers, Asparagus
June 13: Hot Dogs over fire with Super Random Kids
June 14: Smoked Sausage, Fried Potatoes, Lettuce Salad
June 15: Italian Chicken, Schwan's Pasta
June 16: Sparke's Graduation Party, Suz's day off!
June 17: Roast in Crockpot, Carrots, Potatoes
June 18: Sloppy Joes, Peas
June 19: Chicken Quesadillas
June 20:
June 21: Spaghetti, Pickles, Garlic Toast, Salad
June 22: Leftovers
June 23: Some sort of stir fry with pork
June 24: Mrs. Carr's Hot Chicken Salad Cassarole
June 25: Suz to Kentucky for the day, everyone else on their own!
June 26: By now I will still be tired and they can eat leftovers!
June 27:
June 28: Creek Bank Potatoes
June 29: Smoky Links and rice
June 30: Homemade Pizza


Okay, now I just have to figure out how to make separate recipe pages and link them up! I will work on that later! In the meantime, if you see a meal that just jumps out at you and says I want that recipe! Ask! I will gladly share!

ARGH! Now I keep hitting publish and it won't post! I have no clue why! This could be a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment