Friday, February 15, 2013

Productive Week Here

This is one of those weeks where I actually feel VERY productive! Amazing!


I spent quite a bit of time working on business things. I am trying to get my business off the ground and doing so takes TIME! I have invested time in website pictures like the one above this week, product making this week, research and development including new scents AND new products like my new sugar scrub pictured here and working on new scent blends too. Created a Citrus Burst, one lemony one for my daughter that smelled like Lemon Head Candy and a Chai Spice on that my best friend should love!


In addition to that, I have dealt with a little boy who decided that if he was potty trained during the day he should wear undies to bed...GREAT right? Well, 4 dry nights have also ended up with 4 HORRIBLY wet days! Like 5-6 times a day after a month of only maybe once a day at most! I so do not understand the workings of a 3 year old mind!

I have been trying to garden plan a little bit and have a friend coming on Monday to plan what seeds we will be using in our shared garden this year. Planning ahead on garden projects too, like asking my hubby to create a tomato cage/stake combo and discovering I should think about using that for peas too!

Then I have had my "normal" things like laundry and dishes and cooking (I did resort to freezer meals a few times, glad I made them a month ago!) and cleaning and being a taxi (for my children and the Amish), and parent/teacher conferences, and a broken down (then repaired thanks to my hubby) van, and the list goes on!

How in the world do people run a house and work outside of it also!?

So as I sit here with a new recipe in the oven, wondering if my kids will like it, I think I need to work on labeling all of the products I made, and I should think about preparing dinner...but instead I am typing!

Wanna know my recipe? I twisted a recipe from this site.

I didn't have quite all the ingredients so I just started tossing in things I thought would work! :-) Yeah, that is totally how I roll! So, my revised recipe?

1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup grated coconut
A healthy handful of peanuts (roasted and salted because that is what I had, but I eliminated the salt later then!)
I was gonna use raisins, but found a partial bag of chocolate chips and decided to treat the kids!

 Mix these separate and pour over:
A healthy bit of vanilla (I never measure!)
A couple good spoonfuls of JIF Chocolate flavored Hazelnut Spread
A bit more than 1/2 cup of honey...it just seemed a bit stiff yet so I added a bit more.

I mixed everything together and put in a 9X13 pan lined with parchment paper and pressed flat. I then put them in the oven at 325 for 20 minutes because my kids would rather have chewy than crispy crunchy granola bars! And now I wait! Only 5 minutes left! Oh! Hey! Guess what! I (who don't like chocolate!) do not have to be the guinea pig! See, my 12 year old is home sick today!

Doesn't she look like a good guinea pig all curled up with our Daisy with her? I think she looks hungry! She needs a snack!

So as I close and take the granola out to cool, I am moving on to the 3 year old not napping, the packaging that needs done and contemplating labeling changes on the product I made yesterday. I'm just not happy with trying to fit all the info on one label.





 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are including the ingredients now. I need to make copies of some recipes for you to try. Looking forward to trying the new products.

    ReplyDelete