Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ephesians 1:20-21

"That the power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come."

Wordy again! This one is a little tougher for me simply because it seems to just give too much information! If that is possible! It just seems so wordy and confusing! Why all the extra junk when it pretty much says that God showed his strength and power by raising Christ from the dead and he deserves our respect, not only now, but always. Sigh, but I know, the words must be needed! God put them there for a reason!

Application, when I am doubting, I often think He can't when the reality is that for some reason his answer is just No, or not now. It isn't that he can't it is that he won't. It is just easier for me to think he CAN'T rather than think I am being told NO. I don't like to be told no, especially if I think I am asking for something that is good for me or my family! I mean, we only see something GOOD from what we are asking for, and we think there is no good reason for a No, so it must simply be that he can't! This verse reminds me that he CAN! He can do anything he chooses to do! Look what he has already done!

Father today I need help remembering that You can and that You have a good reason for saying no or not doing something. I can only see my side, but you can see the whole picture and you don't say no because you hate me, but because you love me and your plan is bigger than mine. I look at my day and I need to revise my attitude. I need to remember that everything happens through your power! Your strength will get me through each moment. Thank you for loving me enough to plan ahead in my life!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment