Friday, January 27, 2012

Ephesians 1:22-23

"And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way."

WOW! The body is the fullness of him and WE are the body of Christ which means that we are the fullness of Christ! WOW! Do I feel like teh fullness of Christ!? Um, HAH! Not! But really we are the body of Christ and I am struck by that analogy! Christ is the head but a head without a working body, a healthy body, can't accomplish much. Now, I am not saying that I don't think Christ can accomplish God's will on earth without us, but I am saying that he shouldn't have to! If I am truly a part of the body of Christ than I want to be a HEALTHY part, not an infected, nasty part causing pain and sickness!

Application for me involves making sure that my work is centered on HIM, not on me and my selfish needs, but what is best for HIM. I need to remember that doing the right thing for the wrong reasons gets stuff done, but not HIS way and His way is best! I need to focus on my motivations and make sure that my motivation each day is (as we have discussed for 23 verses now so it MUST be important) for his GLORY!

Father there are so many thoughts running through my head today! Thoughts about taking care of my physical body because it is a part of your church, my mental body because it is part of your church, oh yeah, seems to be a pattern here, it is ALL yours! It is hard to focus on that as we go through our incredibly selfish and tedious day but each and every thing that happens in our life is an opportunity for us to glorify you, we just have to open ourselves to that. I am opening myself today Lord, use me! Show me how to glorify you. Not for MY pleasure, but for yours! Center my purpose on you! Be the center!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG-l1kK-BpU
www.youtube.com
Jesus be the centre, be my source, be my light, Jesus. Inspirational song for worship.

· · · · 2 seconds ago

No comments:

Post a Comment