Monday, February 6, 2012

Ephesians 2:11-12

" Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called uncircumcised by those who call themselves 'the circumcision' (that done in the body by the hands of men)--remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world."

It is asking them to remember so we need to look back and see what they are remembering...if you look back to Ephesians 2:1 it talks about being dead in transgressions and sin in which they used to live. I think this is telling us that when they were separate from Christ and sinners it was different than when we have Christ and sin. Many people think they can't accept God's wonderful gift and promise because of things they have done "in the past" or "before they knew about Him" and I think He is saying that it will be okay. We act differently (I sure hope so at least) once we KNOW God and His promise in the world.

As I go through today I am going to strive to remember that I have God's promise and He is with me, no matter what I encounter!

Hey Dad, gonna be a good day! I woke thinking it was a do nothing day, then sat down to write out my schedule...sometimes when "nothing" turns into "lots" then I get discouraged but I am going to look at my lots and see it as ways to glorify You today! With my actions AND attitude! I am SO thankful that You walk with me each and every day and I don't have to face this world without Your covenant! Thank you!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment