Friday, February 3, 2012

Ephesians 2:10

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

We are God's workmanship. That is cool! We were created in Christ (in His image), not just to hang out until our eternity, but to do good works. Of course, our last few days taught us that good works is NOT faith! That is now how we are saved. But God doesn't expect us to sit on our backsides and do nothing either. He has a plan and his plan includes US doing GOOD WORKS! That means that our works are a part of our plan. A physical and outward example of what the love of God and faith do in our lives. Not the SOURCE of faith, but the EXPRESSION of faith. When we love someone, we want to do things for them. Think about your family, you are more likely to go out of your way to do things for them than you are a total stranger off the street because you LOVE them. Same with God. When we love Him, we will do things for Him that show that love.

As I am substitute teaching today and VERY thankful for a two hour delay, I will be working to remember that God's plan in my life involves doing good works and that doesn't mean what I feel like doing, but doing good wherever he plants me! If I have to be in school, then I need to do good works there, if I am on an amish run, do good there, if I am at home with my family, do good there, if I am volunteering at The Center for Whitley County Youth, do good there. Grow and give where God plants me! Each and every day!

Father, as I start my day feeling a bit yucky and not like giving, more like selfishly whining, please help me to remember that You are in control and have a plan. Part of your plan is for me to sub today and do good works at school. Thank you for this reminder. Thank you for your word that centers me each morning! And most importantly, thank you for loving ME enough to do your good work, sending your son for me so that I may live with you in eternity! What a gift! Help me to appreciate that today! You are amazing!

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment