Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ephesians 2:16-18


"...and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit."

Okay I guess we have to look back....both of them WHO? the Gentiles and the Jews would be my thought, looking back at verse 11. So this reinforces that God's salvation is for EVERYONE and is not dependant on where you live, what you learned as a child, etc. He consistently preached peace. He points out that we all have access to the Father. Now I think it is interesting that you can't get to the Father without the Son and you can't access the Father (in my mind, understand the Father) without the Spirit. The Trinity is so crucial to your relationship with the Father!

Application today for me is going to involve the youth group. Sometimes it is easier to connect with kids I understand. Kids who have a relationship and obvious love of God or are striving to connect with God. There are kids there that have no clue what a relationship with God can be. These kids tend to hang in larger, rowdier groups that I am just not as comfortable in. But those kids are equally important! Tonight I am going to try to make it a point to connect with some of them.

Okay Dad, I am starting out another long Wednesday and I am doing it in Your word. What a blessing for me. Thank you for that opportunity! Thank you that I can own multiple Bibles, that I can openly share my faith with others and that I have been gifted your peace through your Spirit. I pray that tonight those kids who are not feeling your peace will feel it in a special way tonight!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment