Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ephesians 2:19-20

"Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone."

Members of God's household!  You know, that sounds amazing! There are people out there who are not able to be a part of a strong physical household, due to all sorts of circumstances, but they are able to be part of the best household ever! God's household! Physical parents, grandparents, etc. are all subject to failure, but not our cornerstone! Jesus is the best cornerstone ever!

Love it! I don't have to "improve" my family. I have the best ever! I may struggle with my parenting, I may struggle with wishing I had a closer family, a brother-in-law that DIDN'T beat up my sister, etc....but what I GOT was the best family ever. The one with the Daddy with shoulders broad enough to take on all my fears, concerns and frustrations. EVERY single time I want a Daddy Date, He is there. He doesn't have to wait for the next paycheck so he can afford it. He doesn't have to wait until the chores are done. He doesn't have any restrictions! He is just there! For ME! EVERY time I need Him! How cool is that!?

Daddy! I am so THANKFUL that You are there for me! You have this amazing ability to love each and every one of us through all of our junk! You know us completely and STILL you care! WOW! Unfathomable! What more is there to say, but Thank You!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment