Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ephesians 3: 7-9


"I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God's grace given through the working of his power. Although I am less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things."

Yes I am thinking about the gift of grace again, but to me that is kinda not what I want to focus on today...since we have been focusing on that for weeks now! :-) For me, look at the next line....PAUL is saying "I am less than the least"....do we have that attitude? It can go two ways in my mind...there are people who NEED that attitude because they get caught up in the mindset of them helping people, them being uplifting, them being encouraging, them being good teachers, preachers or whatever and they forget that it all comes from God...and then there are the people who are "Oh woe is me, I will never be as good as...so and so." and they decide they are worthless because they preceive someone else to be better than them. How many of us WOULD think Paul is better than us? I mean...really, he walked with Jesus! He wrote many parts of the Bible (or wait...did he? Maybe he just wrote what GOD wanted him to!) and he preached and was an apostle etc...but look...HE is writing that HE is less than the least of all God's people.

My application from this is that we need to QUIT comparing ourselves! God made each of us unique individuals with different plans for our lives. If I try to live out someone elses' plan, it won't work! I mean really, I can't be a Beachbody trainer like a friend of mine and be as smart about nutrition, etc. because I don't have all the info. I can't bebe a Sunday School teacher and lead Sunday school the way a friend of mine does (no one could do that!), I can't be a teacher friend of mine who lives in Australia, I can't be my best friend and drive school bus (I'd probably kill someone!) but I can be a youth worker! I can love on the teenagers and I do! Probably the thought of working with the youth would freak some of you out and that is okay! We are all doing what GOD wants us to do! To me that is amazing!

Hey Dad! You have the best ideas! You know where are talents (even hidden ones) lay and you know how to motivate us! It is SO cool that you love us like that! Thanks! What a blessing in my day today! Love it when you chase away the grumpies with Your word!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment