Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ephesians 6:13-15

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace."

My first thought is that we don't understand armor enough now. I heard once that the reason the belt (which we consider an accessory) is truth is that the belt was the foundation of the armor. You put the belt on FIRST and attached everything else to it. I struggle with my asperger's child not recognizing the importance of truth and one time when I tried to use this example she thought belts were optional! Boy did that backfire! :-) We are still working on fixing that!

I picture myself walking around like David, in armor that doesn't fit, waddling out to fight Goliath. Then I realize, God's armor fits me perfectly! It was custom made for me! Each and every piece of it fits so perfectly and comfortably that it gives me the perfect protection from satan. Wow! What a feeling! My dad loves me enough to tailor it to me! Each person's armor is made of the same items, like the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness and the shoes of peace. Armor covers your whole body with protection. God will wrap me in His protection if I choose to let him. He offers, my choice to accept. Today, I am accepting!

Dad, You know me! You know me well enough to know that many days I don't COMPLETELY put on the FULL armor. I put on the easy pieces! And apparently I love to be spiritually barefoot as much as I love to be physically barefoot because peace is something I often feel is lacking! I am realizing that is MY fault! So today, I am thankful that you continually offer peace! Even when we reject you or what you offer, you are still there, lovingly and continually offering it, waiting for us to recognize the need! I am so glad you love me that much!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment