Monday, April 2, 2012

Ephesians 6:10-12 (The Message)

"And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the devil and all his angels."

My first thought about this was that SO many people I know get insanely excited about sports (even though I don't) and they get way more excited about that than they do about God and Godly things! Wow. When you think about it in perspective, what is really our priority in life. I thought I was pretty well rounded but am realizing that God can always be more of a priority in any life, especially mine!

This study has helped me so much to see how to take scripture apart and really study it harder and catch the actual meanings...what did it mean when it was written...and how to apply it to our life each day. I have realized that understanding that scripture and applying it is EXACTLY what it means to use the materials God gave us!  He loves us enough to supply us with what we need, we just have to choose to use it!

Daddy, today I need your weapons...as horrible as it sounds...it is spring break...my kids are all home....I have company coming and am TRYING to get things done....You know this is my weak area...You know this is when the devil has the biggest foothold in my life....You know how to lift me through this! Not away from this! I want your trials...I know they strengthen me and help me learn, but I admit, I recognize my weakness and my struggles and I definitely am going to be leaning heavily on you this week! Thank you for being there for me!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment