Monday, April 2, 2012

Ephesians 6:9

"And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven. And there is no favoritism with him."

My first thought was that in all of these verses, people try to pick out what they want to hear...you know the wives want the hubby's love...the hubby's want the wife's submission, etc...but they all go hand in hand. You can't pick and choose what parts of the Bible you want to follow. It is all or nothing! You have to take these verses together!

I am not in the workforce so I am not a "slave" or a "master" as referred to in these verses, but I do volunteer. When I do, I am occasionally in a position to ask some kids who are interns to do something for me. I have a choice, do I tell them what to do like I am a Master and have a tremendous amount of authority or do I politely ask them to do something and treat them with respect. I choose to respect those kids.

Father, it is interesting to me how each of these verses touches me and the other ladies in this group! It is amazing to see Your touch in each life! Thank you for blessing me with this group! How amazing is Your love!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment