Sunday, July 8, 2012

Peach Fruit Leather--Updated!

Does anyone else ever get the urge to experiment? Well, yesterday there were three peaches on the counter and I told the three girls to eat them. They didn't! One seemed to go bad overnight so then there were two. I read, briefly, I think on Pinterest a few weeks ago that you could puree fruit (maybe add a little sugar) and spread it on parchment paper and put it in the oven on really low and make your own fruit roll ups. Okay, sounds great, right.

Of course, I get in a hurry. I don't take the time to see if I am doing it right...I just kind of experiment! :-)

I am sitting here and I just posted a few things of baby clothes on the local online garage sale and I SHOULD be thinking about dinner...but instead I peeled those peaches, tossed them in the blender and added about 1/4 cup sugar...they were large peaches. I just kind of sprinkled the sugar on top. I don't really know how much I used. That usually comes back to bite me later!

After they were pureed I put them on some parchment paper and put them in the oven somewhere about 150 degrees. Now, I probably COULD go and look on Pinterest and try to find the recipe, but I haven't and at this point I probably won't! I will just wait and see how my leather comes out. It is in the oven now!

As I move on to making dinner I know that I am going to be making fried zucchini since we haven't had that this year and I just picked one from the garden. I know I have a pail of green beans that I also just picked so I know we are having that. I actually COULD make zucchini bread, I have time and it sounds yummy but I don't know if I will get around to it. I definitely need to clean up the kitchen before I can do much cooking. I still haven't decided what else to make. I get days like that!

Hopefully my fruit leather will work out and the kids will like it. Maybe it will make a special treat for them this afternoon!



Oh wow! It worked! I had it a little thick in the center but the kids are QUITE happy with it!

Definitely something to do with fruit in the future. It only took two peaches to make a LOT of fruit leather!


No comments:

Post a Comment