Monday, January 16, 2012

Ephesians 1:1-4

"Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, to the saints in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For He chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight."

WOW! God chose us the same way he chose Paul. By the WILL OF GOD! He chooses to offer us his peace, and blessings! He doesn't REQUIRE anything of us. It isn't conditional. It doesn't say if we are GOOD ENOUGH. It says HE CHOSE US!

Now, how do we choose God back? I picture us all in gym class and satan and God are choosing teams. God gets to choose first and he continues to choose, not giving Satan a chance until everyone has been chosen. The only catch is that when God points at us and says "I choose YOU for my team" we have the option of going to Him or saying No. Sometimes we don't say No by our actions, but by our LACK of actions. We need to make sure our actions show us actively RUNNING toward God's side of the gym!

Dear Lord,

I know I regularly allow the stresses of the world to interfere with my peace that comes from you. I get busy and I get frustrated and I am convinced that satan is winning in my life but that only happens when I allow him that power over me. As I go thorugh this week, I am goiung to search for ways to actively keep God a priority in my life! Choosing HIM with my actions, instead of ignoring him with my inaction!

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment