Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ephesians 1:5-6

Good Morning!

"In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will--to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves."

It is so easy to make God happy, we search for ways to make him happy and yet it is easy, become his child and it makes him happy! His will is not for us to be perfect (we can't be) but for us to become his sons THROUGH Jesus Christ. Not through our actions or efforts. He doesn't demand payment, it is FREELY given.

I need to worry less about what I am DOING in God's kingdom and more about loving my King. Accepting his Grace instead of trying to earn it.

Abba Father,

You know my heart. You know when my actions are prompted by love for you and when they are grudging and negative. You know when I am doing things because I want to and when I do things because I feel I HAVE to. Thankfully you turn them all into blessings no matter the motivation! Help me to quit focusing on WHAT I am doing and concentrate on WHO I am doing it for! Help me to have my motivations flow from love for you! Help me recognize your glorious grace in my life!

Amen
I have to admit that this passage was harder for me than yesterday's passage. I see the beauty in the passage. I love that it is that easy to make God happy. I understand the grace. Boy, trying to find an application is tough! Might also be that yesterday my mood was more in tune with God and today I am feeling very selfish. Cold and whiny and just not wanting to be up and about and start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment