Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ephesians 1:11-12

Ephesians 1:11-12

"In Him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were first to hope in Chirst, might be for the praise of his glory."

Realistically and honestly my first thought is that it is a horrible run on sentence! :-) Next I see that there has been a LOT of repetition in the first 12 verses and that maybe we are supposed to remember that WE ARE CHOSEN! Wow! From there, I actually didn't see much in here until I stopped and prayed then my mind flooded and I am trying to remember it all! He has a plan! He works out EVERYTHING but not OUR way. He works it all out in agreement with the purpose of his will! So even if we don't LIKE the way he works stuff out, it is the right way! His ways is always better! They don't focus on learning about Christ, following Christ or knowing Christ, but HOPE in Christ. What does that mean to me? See, I struggle with that because to me when you HOPE for something it means you don't really believe it is going to happen but it would be a nice surprise. So, makes me want to know what that really means. Got out my commentary and that didn't satisfy me. What is HOPE? What does it mean to you? Are you like me and you see something you hope for more like you HOPE Santa will bring you what you want for Christmas? What does it really mean to HOPE in Christ? To me that is a tough one! Of course, everything is to be done for the praise of his glory, so does that mean you are supposed to HOPE the people see his glory? So my goal today for application is to concentrate on that word HOPE and what it means, not to ME, but to Christ!

Ah Lord, the ways you challenge me! I finally have a fairly quiet day and I think it will all be smooth sailing and you challenge me to concentrate on You! You motivate me to not be lazy in my walk with You. I thank You for this group of ladies and the way they help keep me on my toes! Help me see ways to hope in You today. Help to clarify the scriptures in a new way today! Bless all these ladies today and encourage them today!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment