Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ephesians 1:7-10

Ephesians 1:7-10

"In Him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Chirst, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fullfillment--to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ."

My first thought is that redemption is through HIS BLOOD, not OUR WORKS, GOODNESS or ACTIONS. Does that mean we don't do anything for Him? No, it just means we don't do stuff in order to be saved. We do things out of love.

The next is that he makes known to us the mystery of his will...how many times do we say that we don't know what God wants from us, or for us. He is more than willing to tell us. The problem is us. Do we really stop and give up OUR agenda long enough to LISTEN to what HE has in store for us? As long as our actions line up with his will, they should be fairly easy to understand! I REALLY struggle with that. I THINK I am doing good stuff but it isn't working out and I have to wonder if I am doing it with the wrong purpose. The best way for me to know is to get into His word.

Father,

Today is a busy day for me. I will be busy for you in my mind. Please help me to see today whether I amd busy for ME or for YOU. Guide me in your will today. Help me to remember that I don't volunteer for the pat on the back, I don't work with the teens for the pleasure it gives ME, but for the pleasure it gives you. Help me also to remember that it isn't BAD for it to give me pleasure, as long as my PURPOSE is through your will! I tend to forget that you also want ME to be happy and just because I enjoy it doesn't make it outside of your will for my life!

Awesome and amazing is what you are!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment