Friday, January 20, 2012

Ephesians 1:13-14

"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his Glory."

Wow! More repetition! For me this morning the thing that sticks out to me is that we receive the Holy Spirit when we believe. But you can receive a gift and not accept it. Sometimes I think we do that with the Holy Spirit. We don't allow him in to work in our lives or we don't listen to the little prompting that we hear. Then we question our God "Why aren't you there?" Well, it isn't that HE isn't there, it is that we are too busy, or too proud, or too clueless to pay attention to His leading. We treat God like a little store....I want one of these, and one of these, and one of these, and this for someone else, and this for my sister, and this for my kids, etc--yet we don't stop and listen for His answer (which is often NO, that is not the best thing for you). Then when we don't get what we demanded, we get mad at God. Yet the things that we are demanding are not necessarily for the "Praise of His Glory". So as I go through my day today I am going to try to concentrate on not just listing demands to God, but having a discussion (as in using talking AND listening) with God about what is best (not for ME but for HIS GLORY) and then truly be thankful for his answers. Whether his answer is yes OR no!

Well Dad, gonna be a long day today. I start with a full mind, kids not getting ready for school, COLD outside when I hate to be cold (which doesn't improve my attitude), an amish run and the prospect of lots of snow tonight. I really want to curl up in my bed with lots of blankets and a book. Of course, as I read this I see that would not be to the praise of your Glory so obviously that can't happen today! Now I have to change MY attitude and decide how I an praise your Glory today. I thank you for this Bible study that motivated me to get moving and DO my devotions. Days like this are the ones I have always skipped it before. I got up too early, I had to leave, etc. I had a ton of excuses not to be in the word but today I didn't even fight with myself! What a blessing! Bless each and every one of these ladies today!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment