Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ephesians 1:17

" I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that you may know him better."

WOW! I know everyone else focused on the wisdom and understanding and I always have before also! I wanted wisdom and understanding, especially now so I can more effectively help a friend.  Except that this verse just told me that I am wanting the right thing for the wrong reasons...again! Gee, will I ever learn! Even though it is great to want to help and encourage and be there for my friends, my PURPOSE should be knowing HIM! Not helping THEM!

I have been having a rough morning. I got up late, am extremely tight and sore in my back, fought with the kids to get them out the door, James got up early, went to run an amish kid who missed the bus to school and discovered a completely flat tire, etc. And through it all I didn't want to do the things I know are good for me, like my breakfast *yuck*, my workout (which still isn't done!), and most importantly my Bible study. Then I got a message from two friends who really are struggling this morning and I kept thinking that I needed to focus on THEM instead of the whole oh poor me junk I was wallowing in. Now I see that it won't work to do that either! I can't focus on me or on them! I have to focus on HIM! When I concentrate my time on HIM, the other stuff will somehow fall into place. I can't see how, but I have to TRUST that it will! Not easy, but I am going to make that my focus today, so when I am grumbly (and with this gloomy weather and bad start, that will happen I am sure!), I am going to make it a priority to stop and pray today, not for someone else, but simply to connect with my father, the source of my strength, the PEACE that passes all understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment