Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ephesians 2:1-3


"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath."

Just a reminder that once we were all objects of wrath. This means that each and every one of us has started out as people who were struggling. The thing for me is that we need to not be judgemental of people who have not accepted Christ. Sometimes we look at people and we wonder how they could think that is acceptable or good or healthy or right or whatever and the ...
reality is that they are not being led by Christ and we can't hold them to HIS standards.

I think that can help me be more accepting or understanding of people in general. A reminder that we have been there and instead of judging we need to lovingly pray for those people and try to show them what Christ can do for them.

Father, another busy morning leaves me frustrated with lack of time. I see as I go through this study that satan is using little ways to try to keep me from concentrating on Your Word. Help me as I go through today to meditate on Your will and help me to remember to keep satan OUT! Firmly shut out of my life! I don't want to return to a position where I am living disobedient or as an object of Your wrath! How depressingly dismal that would be!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment