Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ephesians 2:8-9

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast"

Faith not works, gift of God. Why can't we earn it, so we can't brag! I am better than you! Hah! No I'm not! God says we are ALL equal! But the flip side of that is that we are all equal, NONE OF US IS WORSE EITHER! How many times do we compare ourselves to someone we "look up to" and feel like we fall short and it discourages us? I know I have done it! I know my kids do it! But here we are told that through God's grace we are all saved so that we aren't better than each other! So that no one can boast! The flip side of boasting is that no one can bemoan how bad they are or how lacking they are!

Guess what! When I have a rough week I end up comparing myself unfavorably to people who had a good week! Is it their fault they had a good week? No, is it always my fault I had a bad one? No. It is just life! It has ups and downs. The thing is that if I let those ups and downs get in the way of my FAITH or my acceptance of God's Grace, then I am the one who suffers! I can't do anything to make God love me or fogive me more than He already does. I just have to accept that!

Oh Lord you know! I have had a rough week! Mixed up schedules, sick kids, frustrations, etc. But you know what, I have a choice. Do I let that damage my relationship with you? Well, today I know that I need your strength and that you still love me the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow. If I miss a Bible Study time, it doesn't mean I am not saved. It isn't what I DO, it is what you aready DID! Help me to remember today that I don't have to be superwoman for you to love me! Thank you for that! If I had to earn your loving attention it would be a mighty quiet world!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment