Friday, February 10, 2012

Ephesians 2:21-22

"In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit."

You know, I have often heard that my body is God's temple and that is why I should take care of it physically, etc...but what struck me here is that we are being built TOGETHER...that implies more than one. Do we truly allow ourselves to be built together or do we stubbornly resist that?

I know that to be honest here there are people that I have struggled with in the past. They are good people...and they have good thoughts, etc. but either I don't understand them or I don't know them or whatever and I struggle with that. But I am supposed to not let my junk get in the way of God knitting his people together in His spirit. To get really honest, I used to have this problem with someone I know! I didn't know her well and I felt like she had it all together and I said something in a Bible study once and she said something in response that I NOW know was not her criticizing me, but I thought it was at the time, I spent a long time allowing that to bother me and in doing that, I kept myself from being blessed by her insights! I didn't hurt her (she probably had no clue!) but I did hurt God's dwelling by not putting Him at the center of that. Now I know that person well enough to know that she didn't intend to criticize. But I wonder, how many times as a body of Christ do we do that. We take offense or we misunderstand and we don't let God join us together with other believers? I know my mom won't regularly come to church, not because she doesn't believe in God, but because she doesn't want to mess with other believers.

Okay, so I feel like I REALLY rambled today and I am not sure if I was clear on application or not. If not, just ignore me!

Father, I feel like you had a message for me today and I am not sure I got it. So today, I am going to try to open myself to your message WITHOUT trying to figure it out and putting my own personal thoughts into it! If I can clear my mind of MY clutter, then your will has room to shine through! Thank you that you care enough to keep trying!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment