Monday, February 13, 2012

Ephesians 3:1-3

"For this reason, I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles--Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, that is, the mystery made known to my by revelation, as I have already written briefly."

Paul is in jail because he feels so strongly about reaching the Gentiles....and he writes beautiful love filled letters to them while he is there. I gotta admit, if I were in jail, I am not so sure I would be writing such encouraging letters to the people who were "responsible" for me being there! And I laugh, he says already written briefly, yet I have noticed tons of repetition in the first two chapters of Ephesians....not sure what his version of LONG is if he thinks that is brief! :-)

You know, Paul has spent a couple chapters talking about loving others...and he is proving how much he loves others by being willing to sit in JAIL and encourage them....do I really love others that much? I'm guessing NOT! I love my family and friends, I LOVE my youth group kids. They are such treasures! I am there for them! But really, would I go to jail for them! Give up my life and my family for them? Um...Nope! Honestly! I wouldn't! I am selfish! I admit it! I need to work on loving others a little better apparently! But I still can't see myself giving up my family! Last night Cory was watching a program on slavery and it talked about a slave woman who was running away and knew she couldn't take all 4 of her children without being caught....so she had to choose. She took the two girls and left the two boys (ages 6 and 9) because they could live without her easier....that really struck me! How could you choose? How could you give up any of your kids? I don't think I could! I think I would have to stay a slave! I love God and am VERY thankful that he has never put me in a position of choosing between my children! And I can't imagine ever giving any of them up for other people!

Father, today I am feeling like I don't love people enough, but I know, YOU are the giver of love and will support me in this! I do love people and am learning so much more about myself and my selfishness!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment