Monday, February 20, 2012

Ephesians 3:14-15

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on eath derives its name."

For this reason leads us to look back...what reason....there are so many reasons in the last few verses to kneel before the Father...God's grace, Wisdom of God, His eternal purpose, Approaching God with freedom and confidence and guess what...NONE of those motivations to kneel involves begging for stuff. It involves recognizing God's awesomeness and such. I don't think that means we CAN'T ask for stuff....but it shouldn't be our PURPOSE for prayer.

So many times I hear a prayer request and I start praying "Dad, would you please...." and I am going to try to focus this week on the Dad you are amazing part...and then let HIM choose HIS will.

Dad, You are the most amazing healer on this planet! You have a purpose for everything and can make everything wonderful even if we can't see the good you intend! This week I am going to have faith and trust in you that you see the bigger picture and you are in perfect control! Sometimes I don't like that! I admit it! But today I am turning so many friends and family members over to you! I know that you have them in your hands and you love them so much more than I ever could! So today, as I think of people who are sick this week and my daughter who is struggling right now with school issues and such, I am not going to ask for MY solutions, but YOURS! Thank you for seeing the bigger picture!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment