Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ephesians 3:16-17

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith."

My first observation is that I stopped before verse 17 is over. I am going to do the second half with tomorrow since it is half of a sentence! I hate it when I stop in the middle so I am keeping sentences togther! Next observation is that he strengthens us, not so we can get through the STUFF of life, but so that Christ may dwell in our hearts!

Let's get past the selfish part! I want his strength to help me survive each day and yet here he says his strength comes from his Spirit not to help my selfish needs, but to allow Christ to dwell in my heart! Ummm...yeah, I certainly focused on that! NOT! But really, as I think about it....if I allow Christ to take over my inner being, truly allow Him to rule in my heart through FAITH...not just talking about faith, but truly living it...wouldn't his strength then help me survive each day? Makes me think that I need to review my faith....not in a bad way, but really...do I have faith because I love God, or because of the things I THINK it could gain me? Eternal life, peace, etc...selfish reasons...I need to center my faith on the love of God, not the rewards of faith!

Wow Dad! Talk about pointing out my selfishness on the first day I have time alone this week! I do love you and I am going to center myself on your love today! I am so thankful that you choose to love me and stay close through my selfishness! What an awesome God you are! How amazing that you stay my friend even though I keep our friendship selfish and one sided most of the time! Thank you for hanging in there and opening my eyes in your own special way! Have a wonderful day God! I love you!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment