Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ephesians 3:18

"And I pray that you, bring rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ"

I stuck the second part of verse 17 in there so I was starting at the beginning of a thought...because really...starting at may have power isn't as easy to understand! But you know....think about it! Why do we have power? Is it not so we can do great things! It isn't so we can be better...it is so we may understand God's love! His love is the key! This is really hitting home here! God's focus is not our happiness, our contentment, our health or anything else....his focus is love! Most important commandment, love God and second, love your neighbor...not don't kill, not don't lie, etc...but love.

When you are a parent and you find parenting advice they tell you that it is more effective to tell your kids what they CAN do than it is to tell them what they CAN'T do. What a Godly concept! God is telling us what we CAN do. We can love! When people (like the Pharasees) focus on what they CAN'T do, they lose sight of God! Focus on God's love and your love for him and everything else will fall into place! I have been struggling with someone for a few weeks. A good person who said something that hurt me. I have been focusing on that pain but today I see that I need to be focused instead on LOVE. God's love for that person. What they said was painful but not intentionally, they said it in love. So that is my application today. I am going to focus on LOVE as my motivator today!

Dad, I am looking forward to another long day! Yes, looking forward! Because it is filled with opportunities to see your love today! And so others your love today! Thank you for those opportunities!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment