Friday, February 24, 2012

Ephesians 3:19

"...and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God"

Filled to the brim. Past overflowing! That is how I want God's love to fill me!

Oh how many times do I let my circumstances determine how much I feel or show God's love! Ouch! That hits home! I KNOW about God's love but I don't let it envelop me the way I should! You know it is funny! The stressful days are the ones that drive me to not show God's love as much yet if I would allow God's love to overflow on those days, then I wouldn't be so stressed! So today, when I have all the kids home and one is sick and one is whining and another is already pushing limits, I am going to focus on God's love and how much MORE He loves them! He loves them even more than I do! He is infinitely more patient and loving...and if I focus on Love being patient, and kind and slow to anger and all those other parts of love, then I will be better able to love my children today and better able to allow them to see God's love!

Dad, I'm thankful you love me! Now help me love others! It is that simple! I need to do a better job loving!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment