Friday, February 24, 2012

Ephesians 3:20-21


"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen"

I have a pretty vivid imagination and yet his is bigger, better! Yes, it really is, but how does it say he does stuff, look! Through his power WITHIN us! and Glory in the church through all generations! He takes the time to give us his power. He doesn't have to. He can just zap things into being! He could cure illness without doctors, but he chooses to do it differently! He chooses to let US the church, share in his Glory!

As a Mom, I can see that he might choose to keep us busy to keep us out of trouble! I know I do that with my kids! When they get bored, they get into all sorts of things! Yet God doesn't say he does it to keep us busy, he says he does it to glory the church, and himself! His purpose through this entire chapter has been love. Showing his love to us and others! WOW! Is my motivation for my actions love, or selfishly keeping the kids calm and quiet and out of trouble!

Okay Dad, since I was a day behind and did two days today, my prayers tie together, yesterday's verse talked about love....so I want to love my children specifically more today since they are home with me all day. I am going to add to that to change my motivation! Not only am I going to love them, but I am going to love them through their day the way YOU would love them! I am gonna need help with that! I am trusting that you love me enough to keep me on track with loving your other children today!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment