Monday, February 27, 2012

Ephesians 4:1-3

"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worth of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle, be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Sprirt through the bond of peace."

My first through that is that the humbe and gentle and patient part sounds like the love chapter! Really without love, can we truly be gentle and patient? I doubt it! I do know that when I think about the unity of the Spirit I know that even in churches we don't have that. It hits me that this week in church we talked about SoulShifts and we talked about ME to WE. I think Paul was showing that when we focus on the WE in the church, things fall into place but if we focus on the ME part of it. Things get messed up.

Today I am going to focus on doing things that focus on the WE God has given me. Today, with my limited schedule, I am going to focus on the WE that is my family! We have to start somewhere! So instead of selfishly focusing on MY agenda today, I am going to make my family come first. I think sometimes for me I get those messed up. I know that I have my family in mind when I focus on cleaning or cooking or things like that, but I also need to focus on the HAPPINESS of my family. I need to make sure I am stopping and playing, reading, listening and interacting with them in a way that shows them God's love. I am afraid that I lack in that area! I get so busy with the stuff of life that I forget to teach my kids enough about the stuff of God!

Lord, today I am trusting that you will help me see those areas that I can teach my chldren about you. Showing them your unfailing love and peace! Thank you! I am so glad that you care enough about us all to send your son and your spirit so show us your amazing love!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment