Friday, March 2, 2012

Ephesians 4:14-16

"Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work."
 
So much here....when we are new believers, we are not sure who to believe...who to listen to...but as we mature in Christ we learn how to tell the difference between teaching  that come from God and teaching that don’t. Notice that it specifies speaking the truth in love. It isn’t enough to speak the truth, you have to back it up with love! And the body builds itself up, again, in love!
Do we really support each other in love? Really, do we take the time to mentor new believers, teaching them in a loving way the things that will help them become mature Christians? Or do we all expect someone else to do it? I admit, I am 37 years old and I really truly became a believer when I was 20 and ever since then I have longed for someone in my life to be there for questions, comprehension, etc. I struggle with friendships and not wanting to push myself in where I am not wanted. I think there are MANY new believers that feel that way. They walk into a church and they see groups of friends and they think that those groups don’t need new people so they don’t get included (especially if they are shy). I see this as an area where this scripture can really be applied! Are we truly reaching out with intention and supporting the young believers? I know I work with the teens at our church but am I really being intentional about mentoring them? Making it clear that I am there for them? That if they have questions, I will help them find the answers!

Oh Dad, you reach me in ways I don’t expect on a regular basis! For a few weeks now I have been focused on ME and now through this and church you are helping me see that it isn’t just the ME…it is the US! Your church needs to work together! We need to band together and glorify you! Lifting you and spreading your good news! I can’t do it alone! Neither can anyone else! Just like a body has to work together! Thank you for bringing that to my attention these last few weeks! I know you have wonderful things in store and I pray that I will be open and available for your use!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment