Monday, March 5, 2012

Ephesians 4:17-19

"So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of their ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more."

The Gentiles life seems so bleak and dreary in this passage yet if you look at people who live like this, you sometimes want to envy them. You think their life looks so carefree. On the surface they seem to have everything going for them, but when you look deeper you see that they don't even notice the issues in their lives. So sad!

I can't apply this by running around pointing out all the horrible things in the life of someone who isn't a believer, but I can make of point of recognizing my blessings that come from God and expressing thanks for them continually and in the presence of nonbelievers. Subtle ways of opening their eyes!

Father as I go through today, help me to really focus on recognizing your blessings! I can't thank you for things if I don't recognize them! Help me see your presence in my life in a very vivid way!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment