Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ephesians 4:20-24

 "You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires, to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."

You didn't come to know Christ that way....what way? Well, if you read back, it is talking about the Gentiles and giving themselves to their desires....you don't find Christ that way. It may look appealing, and the Gentiles (unbelievers) often seem to live quite the life, but you don't find Christ that way! When it talks about old self, that sounds comfy, you know, like your favorite pair of pants or shoes or whatever it is that you like to wear because they are so comfortable.

We can't spend our days in comfort when it comes to God. If we are comfortable with our walk, then we actually have a problem! The other day I was asked about my relationship with God and I answered "growing" and the person indicated she thought that I meant I didn't have one. I just meant I was growing! If I wasn't, then it would be a problem! I will be growing until the day I die! THe new self isn't as comfortable but it is SO worth it! Just like a new pair of shoes when your old ones have gotten small and pinch. Your new ones are stiff and uncomfortable and need some getting used to, but it is worth it!

Ah Dad, I have a day more at home than away and I am tempted to get comfy. In reality what I probably need is to challenge myself in You! Stretch and grow! Learn more of who you are. That is my goal today! To connect with you in a new and growth filled, slightly uncomfortable, but totally worth it way! I trust you are walking beside me on this journey of life and supplying everything I need, even if it isn't what I want! Thanks for that!


Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment