Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ephesians 4:28-29 (today I am choosing to use The Message)

"Did you use to make ends meet by stealing? Well, no more! Get an honest job so that you can help others who can't work. Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth. Say only what helps, each word a gift."

I chose to use this version because of the words being a gift part. So many people use their words to damage, destroy, harm, etc. When you see words as a gift, it changes how you look at them. Would I really want to be given my words all wrapped up pretty? Would it make me smile when I open it and listen to them or would I have the biggest letdown ever! Would it be all fancy on the outside and messed up yucky on the inside? WOW, what a visual for me!

My words today are going to be beautiful to God. That might not be so easy! I get frustrated with the house, the kids, the finances, the hubby, life in general and I forget to tame my mouth! And that includes my excessively frustrated sighs! They convey a lot to my family!

Dad, why is it so easy to talk to others in ways I would NEVER consider talking to You? I teach my children that if they wouldn't say it with God in the room, they shouldn't say it at all, yet I find myself doing the very same thing! Help me see You in everyone today!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment