Friday, March 9, 2012

Ephesians 4:30-32 (The Message again today)

"Don't grieve God. Don't break his heart. His Holy Spirit, moving and breathing in you, is the most intimate part of your life, making you fit for himself. Don't take such a gift for granted. Make a clean break with all cutting, backbiting, profane talk. Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you."

We used this last part in youth group a few weeks ago. God didn't just forgive us, but he forgave us QUICKLY and THOROUGHLY! Um, yeah, we aren't so good at that thoroughly part! Also, do I break God's heart. Ouch! Yes, I do! Daily! The most intimate part of my life...his Holy Spirit. That is such a gift and I do take it for granted! So many people don't understand the Spirit so they don't allow Him access in their lives. I admit that I need to do a better job of focusing on His work in me. Allowing Him to move in my life!

Today I am at a happy medium in my normally crazy life! I am a little busy and a little home! Kinda nice. It is easy on days like this to get lazy. Just do the minimum and write off the rest as being too busy! I have tons of thoughts going through my head, but they are disorganized and unfinished. I need to focus on the Spirit and let Him help sort out the garbage from the stuff God has planned for me! And I know I started the day frustrated, I am going to REALLY focus on keeping my talk positive and NOT frustrated. Not going to let the morning frustration carry over to the afternoon!

Dad, you know best of all that I need help with this! I need help allowing the Spirit to move in my life! I need help with my mouth! Oh man! Do I ever! I know you have a plan for my life and it does NOT include those things! Help me focus on your plan today! To get there I am focusing on YOU! And feeling your spirit in my life!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment