Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ephesians 5:15-17 (The Message)

"So watch your step. Use your head. Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times! Don't live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants."

I LOVED this version of it! So logical and yet we don't do it! Watch your step! How often do we do that physically yet when it comes to walking our spiritual journey we stumble because we aren't watching the straight and narrow path! Use your head! Think about it! Don't just float along, blindly following someone else down whatever path they may take. Think for yourself! Make the most of EVERY chance. Not just some of them. Not just on Sunday, or when easy or you have time...but EVERY chance! How do I understand what the Master wants? Hmmm....I have to understand HIM. I do that by talking to Him and listening to Him and reading His Word. So simple and yet it so often doesn't happen!

Someone once said to me "People pretty much do what they want to do" which means if you REALLY want to do something, you will make it happen. How many of us want our Bible study time or prayer time, or whatever time with God so badly that we MAKE it happen? When we get hungry, our belly fusses until we stop and eat. When we are tired, eventually we can't stay awake any longer, but when we are spiritually hungry or exhausted, we have to CHOSE to address the problem. We are never FORCED to do it. Today and am CHOOSING God. Purposefully! Willingly! Lovingly! And being thankful that His Word tells me that if I seek Him, I WILL find Him!

Father, THANK YOU!  I am SO glad You care enough to reach out to me and I am glad You don't force me to do something. You make it my choice! I am choosing You today!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment