Monday, March 19, 2012

Ephesians 5:18-20

"Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Always giving thanks sticks out to me today! I am behind on this study and frustrated and dealing with child issues. When I get flustered and frustrated it is VERY hard to remember that always give thanks! When I am discouraged or mad it is hard to give thanks. Yet the thing is that I am supposed to! I can't let my happenings control my joy! I admit, my happenings often control my happiness (my immediate mood) but Jesus is the source of my JOY! The real joy that lives in me, underlying everything I am and everything I do! Some days I just really need that reminder! This verse is a great reminder of that! Joy comes from Jesus and we express that through thanksgiving for EVERYTHING!

So, the application is obvious! I need to work on thanking God today! I am thankful that I have children to drive me nuts! :-) Many people don't! I am thankful that God allows me to be entrusted with their care and training, even when I feel inadequate!

Father, You have taken the time to love me unconditionally and to bless me abundantly. It is only right that I take the time to thank You for that! My attitude changes when I take the time to talk to You! Thank You for that! Oh, and You will hear from me a LOT today as I need a major attitude change! Thanks that You let me come to You as often as needed about the same things!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment