Monday, March 26, 2012

Ephesians 5:33

"However, each one of you must also love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

My first observation is that you wouldn't abuse or disrespect yourself and you would get very upset if someone treated you wrong so don't do that to your loved ones. Respect is a HUGE thing. That means don't whine, complain or badmouth to start with. Women are so good at husband bashing instead of husband lifting!

My application today is that I am going to focus on the areas that I tend to show the least respect to my hubby in...and really try to improve that. We all know there are areas in every relationship that are lows. No matter how high the highs are, there is something you don't like! For me, I admit, it is that my hubby often takes a nap after work...ugh. I don't nap and I don't understand needing naps. Especially not at 4 pm! Then you get nothing accomplished except dinner and bed! Why bother! BUT, I can change my attitude toward his naps. Instead of growling and grumbling and resenting the nap, I can choose to be positive about it...knowing that it should make him wake in a better mood. It can mean that we have more "down" time after the kids go to bed, etc.!

Father, you know how hard it is for my to change my attitude about stuff I don't understand! I really admit I struggle with not being understanding or supportive of things like that! So today, help me with that!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment