Monday, April 9, 2012

Ephesians 6:19-24

"Pray for me also, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Tychicus, the dear brother and faithful servant in the Lord, will tell you everything, so that you also may know how I am and what I am doing. I am sending him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are, and that he may encourage you. Peace to the brothers, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love."

This was the SCRIPTURE part of the study. Simply write out whichever version you want to use. It does not have to be the same version each time!

OBSERVATION: My first thought was the number of times that we needed to FEARLESSLY make know. People don't share the Good News because they are afraid of what other people will say or think or whatever. This tells us not to worry about that!

APPLICATION: I need to be more willing to talk about my faith, not sharing by beating someone over the head with the Bible and saying "Oh, you are horrible and you need this in your life" but LIVING the truth and being open about how it affects my choices and daily life.

PRAYER: Dad, I know I share with many people, but as I look at my life, it is really easy to share Your work in my life with other believers! It is easy to say look at what God has done for me today. It is a LOT harder to see me doing that with unbelievers. Part of that is because I don't have a lot of unbelievers in my life! I think you want me to share evenly to encourage the believers and spark an interest in the unbelievers. Help me as I go through this week to be more aware of opportunities to praise you and help me to be vocal no matter who is around!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment