Friday, May 4, 2012

Gardening Frustrations

Two weeks ago I planted my garden. A bit early here in Indiana but the ground was perfect, my husband had time to work the garden, my mom had time to help me plant, the weather was warm and sunny and it was supposed to rain the next day. Yes, it was calling for frost a few days later, but nothing would be up by then so it shouldn't matter.

Well, an Amish friend of mine, Esther, planted her garden the same day. She is just 3.5 miles from me! Not far at all! Her ground is so different from mine. She has been telling me almost daily about the stuff popping through while I wait, quite impatiently, for SOMETHING to pop!

Then! Success! Radishes! FINALLY!
 On the way back from the garden, an unexpected surprise in the middle of the yard!
Thank You God for blessing me today! I was so impatiently focused on seeing one blessing that I almost missed another! I wonder how many times I do that each day! And how many times You try to get my attention for the blessing You have in mind and I am more worried about what I want that I miss it totally! How I am sure that must grieve You!

Today is supposed to be another beautiful day. And I know I will not be able to resist checking the garden for more signs of life! Onions, peas and radishes are up...what will be next? Carrots, eggplant, beans, corn, squash, popcorn, pumpkins, zucchini, watermelon, cantaloupe? The race is on. Thankfully for me, it doesn't really matter and THIS time when I head to the garden, I will be actively searching for the little ways that God chooses to touch me today! Even though stumbling over them by accident can be pretty amazing too!

Suz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment