Thursday, June 21, 2012

Homemade Personal Pizzas

Okay. I admit it.Every day I struggle to figure out what I am going to blog about and I think ramblings must be an appropriate title.  I see other blogs that have certain topics on certain days and I realize...that is not me! I sit down on a Sunday and I think of topics for the week and I can't think of one week yet when I actually stuck to that schedule!

So, here is a recipe for homemade personal pizzas that is always a hit with my family and with my Super Random, God-Filled, Crazy People group!

I am going to give you the dough recipe but be aware...I NEVER make this small of a batch! There are just too many of us! :-)

Ingredients:

1 Cup warm water...not too hot, not too cold!
1 package yeast or 2 1/4 tsp of yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons veggie oil, olive oil, whatever you use
1 1/4 Cup flour
2 Cups flour (yes, in addition to the 1 1/4 cup!)

Mix water and yeast in a large bowl. Let sit until dissolved.

Add sugar, salt, oil and first part of flour and mix well. When smooth, add additional flour to make stiff dough.

Knead until elastic (about 5 minutes) then place in greased bowl and let rise until double, or in our house, until you remember, until you need it, until you have time to deal with it, etc. Um...it says it takes 45 minutes...I REGULARLY let it go a couple of hours because for me, I can make the dough when James is down for a nap and then we just use it for dinner!

Form into small pizzas...here is the kicker...on the Reynold's wrap, non-stick aluminum foil. Okay. You don't HAVE to...but man! When you are rolling out your dough (which the kids LOVE to do), it sticks where you put it, but after it bakes, it slides right off! Like, be careful taking it out of the oven because it will slide off the tray! It doesn't stick, it doesn't burn. It is great! Besides, when doing a LOT of pizzas, like on a youth group night. They can all write their names on the foil, make the pizza the way THEY want it and then I don't have to try to remember who made what pizza, it is written right there!

Okay, back to the recipe!

After you have the dough pressed out into whatever shape you want...be creative, have fun! Make animal shapes! Mickey Mouse, whatever!

Spoon onto it however much pizza sauce you want. Now...I have used all kinds. Store bought, homemade, etc. You do whatever works for you! Here is one recipe that I intend to try next time! Crock Pot Pizza Sauce

Because I make personal pizzas. We do this with a bunch of bowls in the middle of the table containing all sorts of toppings. Our favorites seem to be olives, mushrooms, mini-pepperoni, cooked ground beef, pineapple, ham, bacon, onions, and of course, cheese!

I like to put all the toppings on then top with cheese, the kids like to put on the cheese then put on the toppings in some design. It really doesn't matter!

Bake at about 350...ish....whatever you crank the oven to! For about 12-15 minutes...or until the crust and cheese are looking golden and it is sliding around on the nonstick foil! If you have a thick crust you will want to go a bit longer. If you have a thin crust it won't take as long. Being personal pizzas you have to really watch each one.

Now, you CAN make this as one big round pizza, but our family thinks that is boring and likes the ability to choose their own toppings! Even the 2 year old gets to do his own!

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment